Tingley Beach Lake Ponds
Tingley Beach features three fishing lakes, a model boating pond and a train station with gift shop and food service. During the summer only, Tingley visitors can rent pedal boats and bicycles. Tingley Beach is open from sunrise to sunset every day of the year and is free to the general public on a first come, first served basis. Tingley Beach cannot be reserved. There is no fee to access Tingley Beach.
Tingley Beach has three fishing ponds which are stocked about every two weeks by the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish.
The Children's Pond and the Central Pond
* The Children's Pond is for kids age 12 and younger ONLY. Adults may accompany their child but may not fish this pond themselves.
* The Central Pond is for all ages and has a ramp for wheel chair access. Preference is given to adults and children fishing with mobile disabilities.
* Both ponds are stocked with rainbow trout in the winter and channel catfish in the summer.
* Bag limit for trout is five fish per day. Bag limit for catfish is two fish per day. Tingley Beach is a Special Summer Catfish Water.
* Live worms and insects and artificial bait may be used in these two ponds.
The South Pond is a Special Trout Water, catch and release only.
Stocked with rainbow trout year-round.
NO LIVE OR ARTIFICIAL BAIT ALLOWED. Flies and lures with single barbless hooks only.
Practice reponsible catch and release practices:
Release the fish as quickly as possible.
Keep the fish in the water while gently removing the hook. Handling the fish out of water will remove some of its protective slime, making it vulnerable to sickness.
Dont drag the fish over rocks or in the sand.
# Bag limit for trout is five fish per day; bag limit for catfish is two fish per day.
# Live bait fish may NOT be used or released into the lakes. This includes, but is not restricted to, minnows, tadpoles and goldfish.
# Chumming is prohibited.
# Pole fishing only - no trotlines. A Second Rod Validation may be purchased with your fishing license, but bag limits remain the same.
# Take your catch home to clean it.