Wrights Pond is located on Elm Street and is 148 acres consisting of a beach, fresh water swimming, a bath house with concession area and ample parking. Wrights Pond is surrounded by the Middlesex Reservation.
1. All vehicles must come to a complete stop at the Park Police Checkpoint
2. The hours of operation are from 10 AM until ½ hour before sunset. A whistle will be blown 15 minutes prior to closing Wrights Pond. This time is to begin preparing to leave, using the Bath House and loading vehicles. A second whistle will announce the closing of Wrights Pond and locking of the gate.
3. All vehicles must have the current, city issued, Wrights Pond Sticker on the vehicle. Drivers License, Parking Permit, Car Registration, etc. are not valid.
4. The license plate number must match the number on the sticker.
5. All vehicles must park between the white parking space lines only.
6. The Wrights Pond Sticker should be placed on the drivers side, side window. If the windows are tinted, the lower front drivers windshield should be used.
7. Vehicles can drop one carload at the front of the parking area, with permission. Parking on area streets is often restricted and subject to tickets and towing.
8. Those walking in must have proof of Medford Residency to enter Wrights Pond.
9. Coolers and containers being brought into Wrights Pond are subject to inspection. Possession and use of alcohol or controlled substances is prohibited.
10. Open fires, BBQ grills, boats, floats, pets, glass containers and floatation devices are prohibited at Wrights Pond.
11. Swimming is prohibited without a lifeguard on duty at the beach. Swimming is allowed only in marked swimming areas. Ball playing is not allowed in the water or on the beach.
12. Fishing is allowed only in the fishing areas following Commonwealth of Massachusetts Laws. Fishing is not allowed in the swimming area.
13. Children under 6 must have adult supervision on the beach, in the water, tot lot and in fishing areas.
14. Birthday parties and group events are allowed. Prior approval and a permit needing 10 days notice are required.
15. Disruptive conduct and dangerous behavior WIIL NOT be accepted
16. Wrights Pond will close for the year on September 4th.